Friday, December 13, 2019

The Sun Will Come Up!

When I first retired, I decided that first spring that I would get up with the sun.  I checked my phone to see when sunrise officially was and got up and went outside and sat down in my "Old Prayer Chair".  I got as comfortable as I could in that old wooden chair and waited and waited and waited!  The time came and went that it was supposed to appear.  The sky was beginning to lighten but the sun I did not see.  I even changed locations a couple of times but no sun!  There was not a cloud in the sky but still, the sun evaded my gaze.  My trust that it would even come up that morning began to wan!

The Hebrew for trust was to set one's hope and confidence upon, to be secure, fearing nothing- confidence, security, and hope!

Trust in the bible literally means a bold confident sure security or action based on security in God.

Trust is believing something even though you can't see it yet.  I was sure the sun was there, it had always reliably come up each morning of my life but I could only barely see the light of it.  Trees, houses, and barns blocked my full view for a while.  Sometimes when we try to trust, things block our view.  Doubt stands in the way, fear looms to distort the rays, disbelief can block it altogether.

That's why Proverbs 3:5 says:
Trust in the LORD with all of your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.  Whoever trust in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered.  And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Our understanding only sees the looming of an overpowering problem but when we trust, the Sun appears and we can again rejoice at His goodness.

In its full glory that ole sun rose above the obstacles and began to shine as it always has.  The Sun had not disappeared my eyes needed to adjust so I could see past my doubts and fears.  Just because I sometimes can not see God he is still there and knows the plans He has for me and my situation.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

Praise the Lord, I see the Son even on dark days!

No comments:

Post a Comment