Friday, December 6, 2019

Sing Like You Are Lauren Daigle!

Believe me, I am not a great singer and if you heard me you would believe that statement but I like to think I can make a joyful noise to the Lord!  In the Bible, there are many references to "making a joyful noise"!

Psalm 98:4
Make a joyful noise unto the LORD all the earth, make a loud noise and rejoice and sing praises.

Psalm 100
Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.  Serve the Lord with gladness, come before his presence with singing.  Know ye that the Lord, He is God.

These scriptures were enough to cause me to want to make my joyful noise to my Lord.

I'm a little frightened because, just when I thought I was Lauren Daigle, my dog began to howl and then ran and hid under the bed.  Oh, well what does a dog with a name like Rocky know about singing anyhow?

I found a song I really love, it's "Hope Was Born This Night!"  I hope that this message of God's hope will be remembered more than my not so "Lauren Daigle" voice.

So many times in my life I have failed to make a joyful noise.  I have rushed to tell someone about a good place to eat with a, die for, desert, a good movie they should see, or a neat place to shop but failed to tell them about eternity.  I remember telling my younger brother, on his death bed, about Jesus and His salvation but why did I wait until then?  Why do we feel a fear of giving life-giving truth?

What makes me hesitate to sing to the top of my lungs that the Hope of the World was born that first Christmas night?

Do you know anyone who lacks hope?  Maybe a divorce, a financial upheaval, or a diagnosis of cancer has toppled their world and their hope.

We who know the Lord of Hope need to share it this Christmas.

I will be making my joyful noise one Sunday in December and will be singing a song about the Lord and His Hope!

Praise the Hope that was born this night!



No comments:

Post a Comment