Monday, December 23, 2019

Evie’s Red Shoes

When worry and anxiety crept into my soul I was cheered when I thought of my granddaughter, Evie.  Evie got new red shoes and loves them so much she even named them Janice and Ruby.

She calls them her tap shoes because when she dances the shoes tap, tap, tap with each step.  She polished them and even made them a bed to sleep on.  This story cheered me and warmed my heart.  I thought of how Evie danced and the tap of her beautiful red shoes.  I want to dance for the Lord and tell of his faithfulness.  May the tap be heard by those who are broken-hearted.

“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭34:18‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I love that Evie named her shoes!  The Lord calls us by name.

“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Evie made Janice and Ruby a bed to rest in.  The Lord gives us rest even in our worry.

Truly my soul finds rest in God.  Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

I thought of how Janice and Ruby did not come from a fancy shoe store but from Aldi’s.  I identify with these two red shoes because there is nothing to make the Lord find favor with me.  He even forgives me when I let worry and stress sneak into my heart and sends peace to my soul even through two tap shoes and a beautiful little girl named Evie!




No comments:

Post a Comment