Monday, December 2, 2019

Not One Is Missing

    • As I began to think about my 50th wedding anniversary And our vow renewal, I knew I wanted to include my whole family in my tribute to my sweet Larry and our years together, because, of course, they have played a huge part in our fifty years  of marriage.  TYhe theme of my talk was “When did I start to love you?”  I started at our first meeting and first date and proceeded to our wedding along with good and bad things that came into our lives.  The bad of course drew us closer to our Heavenly Father and the good, well, that also turned us to our Lord with praise.  Of course, kids and grandkids were a part of the good things that happened in our lives!  I had a portion that went all through my grandkids one by one and special things about each of them.  I carefully included each one and their special story.  I had it prepared to read and practiced many times but as I read for some reason I missed our grandson Caleb.  Larry had dubbed Caleb , Catfish Caleb because when we were fishing, Caleb caught a yellow bellied catfish but threw the pole down and ran up the hill!  Every time Larry would tell the story he laughed as he relived that time.  But somehow I lost my place and missed our sweet Catfish!  I apologized over and over and the family teased him. 

“You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:2-3, 13-14, 16‬ ‭NIV‬‬



I thought of all the people our Lord 
has under his care and he never misses one of them.  He even keeps track of the stars and the Bible said he never loses any of them. 

“Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one and calls forth each of them by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:26‬ ‭NIV‬‬

As you enjoy all the lights everywhere you look this Christmas, think about the stars God knows and calls by name and remember you are so much more important than even the stars in the sky.  He did not die for the stars but gave his life for us!



And don’t forget “Not one is missing”!

No comments:

Post a Comment