Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Slobbery Kisses On My Face

I loved meeting Debbie out somewhere, usually, Krogers, because we had some great chats about our kids and our dogs!  She always had a funny story about hers and laughed about mine.  "They are just like family"  we would say!  After a short conversation, we would part with a hug and I wouldn't see her again for a while.  I loved it when she came to my house and raved about my lasagna and pie!  In the last couple of years, we have had several opportunities to be with her whether it be at the Chinese Place, Yoders or at our house we always enjoyed being with her.

But I really got to know her through her posts on Facebook.  As funny as that sounds I felt her soul as she reached out on this social media outlet.  POLITICS!  Did I say politics?  I saw her great love of justice and fair play.  Of course, there were the animal pictures and sweet antics that she would post. I remember a post she posted not too long ago which summed up her thoughts on her animal friends as well as mine.

I am thankful for
Pawprints on my floor
Slobbery kisses on my face
Nose prints on my windows
Dog hairs on my clothes
No room in my bed
For there will come a day when these
things will be missed

As we shared a love for animals, I was sure to comment about the video or picture she would share.

I loved the one she put on not too long ago that summed her up as a person.

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing."


 She, as I had a great love and concern for the unborn!  We always "liked" or "loved" the sweet pictures of newborn babies and cringed at the brutality of abortion.

I saw, in her, not only a sister-in-law but a sister in the Lord because she posted or reacted to many bible verses and made great statements of faith about her Lord.

November 24, 2019

She shares this beautiful verse which is one of my favorites also.

As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God
Psalm 42:1

December 2, 2019

Day 336 of 365
God said:
This year I made you strong.
Next year I'm going to
make you happy.
Blessings are coming
Believe that.  I've got your back.

Blessing did come to our dear Debra Kay!

One of the last quotes I found was this which was so timely!

Death takes the body.  God takes the soul.  Our mind holds the memories.
Our heart keeps the love.
Our faith lets us know we will meet again

Friday Blessings came this week a few days before she went home to be with her Savior!
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.  Romans 15:13

All hope is hers right now as she looks upon the Lamb of God!

The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves.  He will take great delight in you;  in his love, he will no longer rebuke you but will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17

Rest in peace and just listen to the singing!


No comments:

Post a Comment