Monday, December 16, 2019

So There Devil!

My blog today was going to list the misfortunes that have plagued our family in 2019 but I just couldn't continue because of the peace I have in my heart this morning.  To rehash and repeat would allow the devil to squeal with glee and gain a stronghold in my soul.  I want only to remember the answers to prayer, so many prayers.  Not to mention a great celebration of fifty years of wonderful marriage.  I want to raise my hand and my voice to thank my good, good God for his love and care for us.  His peace when there should have been fear,  Love when I could have felt cursed, the joy when I should have felt sadness.  You see! There were lots of feelings this year, all legitimate.  Fear, sadness, doubt, dread, and grief but my bible says we cannot count on our feelings but have to place our faith in the truth and truth can only be found in God's word.

My bible tells me,
Be strong and courageous.  Do not be frightened and do not be dismayed for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.  Joshua 1:9

Fear not for I am with you, be not dismayed for I am your God; I will strengthen you.  I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10

And behold I am with you always to the end of the age.  Matthew 28:20

For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 8:38-39

For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.  2 Timothy 1:7

There is no fear in love but perfect love cast out fear.  1 John 4:18

So, there, devil take that!

No comments:

Post a Comment