Sunday, December 22, 2019

Beneath My Heart

Where does it come from?  I’m talking about love!  What causes the stirring of love with that first flutter in your womb?  What makes you giggle at the first hiccup you feel as your belly jumps with each one?  Even more amazing to me is the love a Daddy has for this one so small who he has not yet met.  His love grows as he lays his hand on his wife’s belly or see the image on a screen.  How wonderful is this love!

But as I sit here in the living room of my daughter in San Diego, I am blessed beyond measure by yet another kind of love that did not grow beneath my heart or sleep in a crib in my house.  This love is also God given.  It is the love for our grandkids.  As I ponder this morning about each one and my love for them, I think of the two sleeping downstairs!  I was proud and thrilled to watch our handsome Keegan walk across the stage to receive his diploma from college!  My mind went back to a beautiful little boy who tried to rescue frogs that covered our road and he even dubbed himself “Frogman”!  Where did this love come from?  It comes from the One who is Love.  Then I think of our sweet Allison with her beautiful soul!  My heart is amazed at how much I love her.  I hurt when she hurts and rejoice when she smiles.  My prayers for my grandkids are just as intense as for my own kids.  Though they did not grow beneath my heart God has given me such a love for them even though distance has always separated us physically but distance could not take the love I have for them.  It could not d sad top my prayers for them.

Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me my God till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come.  Psalm 71:18

Love is amazing because God is Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment