Thursday, August 20, 2015

Maker Of Heaven And Earth

"...I tell you the truth if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there and it would move. Nothing would be impossible." Matthew 17:20


Do you have any mountains in your life? I do! Illness, unsaved love ones, and insurmountable debt might be among those things that seem like "mountains" in our lives. Sometimes I even call them "my mountains". I pray, " LORD, please move that mountain, cure that impossible disease, save that one who does not know you or has walked away from you". The bible says that we need only to have faith as small as a mustard seed to move mountains. Surely I have that much faith but still these things remain, "my mountains".

Psalm 121:1-2 says, "I lift my eyes toward the mountains. Where will my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." This morning I lifted my eyes to see, once again, the mountains in my life, those things that are immovable and out of my control. I prayed Lord please move this mountain! I say it again, "LORD, MOVE THIS MOUNTAIN" but as I lift my eyes "my mountain" still looms high against the horizon. What am I to think, as my heart becomes discouraged and I ask why? Today, the LORD whispers, "Trust me!" I hear your heart. "I AM the Maker of heaven and earth".

No comments:

Post a Comment