Thursday, August 20, 2015

Awesome Wonder

HOW GREAT THOU ART!
I dedicate this writing to my Mother whose favorite song is "How Great Thou Art"!

" O Lord my God. When I in awesome wonder consider all the worlds Thy hands have made." My eyes moistened as I sang the words to this familiar hymn, this morning at church. By the time we got to the chorus, my hand was up as a witness to His greatness. "Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee..... The cares I brought into the sanctuary this morning melted away as we sang with power, "HOW GREAT THOU ART, HOW GREAT THOU ART!"


Being caught up in my own worship, I suddenly began to notice the hands fly up as each was blessed by the beautiful words. My eyes went to a young woman who raised her hands, I'm sure with thankfulness for the new life that she carried within her. A friend raised her hand giving worship to the Lord that has sustained her during her husband's long illness. But the raised hand of one of our elderly saints grabbed my heart most and filled my heart with hope. With oxygen flowing, He had to be supported by his nurse as he determinedly stood to his feet. Though barely a whisper he sang with powerful conviction ..."When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation. And take me home what joys shall fill my heart." Instead of an open hand he raised his hand in a fist as if to declare victory as the words passed his frail lips. "Then shall I bow in humble adoration and there proclaim, MY GOD HOW GREAT THOU ART, HOW GREAT THOU ART!

Whether raising a young family, caring for the ill or facing the challenges of old age, He is still our Sustainer! My God, how great you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment