Friday, August 21, 2015

Just A Little Cloud?

As I prayed today about a situation that weighs heavy on my heart, Satan reminded me that there really was no hope on the horizon. Have you ever lost hope in your prayers and wanted to give up? This situation has brought me to my knees and most of the time I have faith that the Lord is able to do the impossible, but from time to time, fear that this particular prayer will not be answered has grabbed hold of my heart.


In 1 Kings, the bible says that Elijah climbed Mount Carmel to pray for the land, which was stricken with drought and famine. Scripture says he bowed low to the ground and prayed with his face between his knees. Then he said to his servant, "Go and look out toward the sea." The servant went and looked but reported back to Elijah that he had seen nothing. Seven times the servant went to look but on the seventh trip he reported back to his master that he had seen a little cloud the size of a man's hand rising up from the sea. At this, I'm sure hope filled Elijah, because he shouted to Ahab, the king, that he should go home because if he didn't hurry he would get wet from the rainstorm.


After praying for years, recently, a small cloud of hope appeared on the horizon. Some would say it was only the size of a man's hand but to me it was a miracle, and an answer to my prayers.


Excuse me, I must hurry home because I might get wet from the rainstorm of God's blessings. Praise your Holy Name, LORD!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment