Thursday, August 20, 2015

His Face

We have a new granddaughter, her name is Harper Kensleigh and she is beautiful. She lives in New York so I have yet to hold her but I have seen her face a short time after she was born thanks to a wonderful feature on my iPhone, called Facetime. We were actually able to see her Daddy holding her, as tears came to his eyes he introduced us to this little miracle of God. All we could see was her little face peeking out of her cocoon of blankets. Oh, how I longed to kiss that tiny face, and will in a few days.
Face! Have you ever thought about how many ways we use the word face? How will we face tomorrow, she put a happy face on the situation or he had a long face. The bible is full of references to "face". The face of God or the presence of God is used, multiple times, like Numbers 6:25-26.
The LORD make His face shine on you. And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance on you and give you peace.
And Psalm 31:16 says;
Make Your face to shine upon Your servant; Save me in Your lovingkindness.
Everyone knows someone who has a perpetual sour face. The kind of face that looks like they just sucked on a lemon. On the other end of the spectrum, we know people who exhibit perpetual joy on their faces. I prefer the joyful face myself.

After being in the presence of God on Mount Sinai, Moses' face was radiant, the bible tells us in Exodus. It shined so bright that Aaron, his brother, and all the Israelites were afraid of him until he spoke to them. The bible says that each time Moses was with the LORD his face again would be radiant. I could do without the glowing face but I hope that my face and my life reflect the peace that comes from talking with God the Father and Jesus Christ each morning. Unfortunately, my "glow" sometimes leaves me as I face the crazy world we live in and the problems of just living. Again, like Moses, I must go to God to receive His light again.

O LORD God of hosts, restore us; Cause Your face to shine upon us, and we will be saved.
Psalm 80:19
As I kiss the face of my sweet Harper Kensleigh, my prayer is that she will seek the face of God and that the God of her parents and grandparents will "Make His face shine upon her and save her with His loving kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment