Thursday, August 20, 2015

Two Mites!

As I walked into the church sanctuary, as usual, I glanced over the crowd to see if my daughter was there. When my eyes focused on her, she was as beautiful as ever, and I was proud of her courage! You might think that to be a strange thing to be proud of but I know the effort that accompanied this small miracle. You see my daughter suffers from bipolar 1 disorder and I know how hard it is for her to do the simplest thing, like even showering. Once a spontaneous young woman, she now has to plan every event of her life even going to church. Things
that once was second nature to her takes great effort. Even as I read things from her site this morning, I know that she has set it up to help others when she herself is a very dark time.

Yesterday she cried, as she shared her frustration at not being able to do all she wants to do for God. The ups and downs of her emotions prevents her from doing all she would like and in days past was able to do.

This made me think of a story in the bible that I knew but had not given a lot of though to until now.

Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins,worth only a fraction of a penny.

Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything–all she had to live on." (Mark 12:41-44 NIV84)

I thought of how most of us give out of our abundance. Today I write out of the abundance of my soul. Even though I sometimes suffer from depression and I feel there is nothing I can give that could possibly make a difference, today comes easy but my daughter today would throw in her two mites as she is suffering greatly with depression.

How lovingly the Lord spoke of this widow who gave everything she had. How lovingly the Father looks upon my dear daughter as she sits in church with a smile on her face, ready to worship the only One who can help her through these dark days. How powerful is her witness to God's amazing grace!


Sent from Jeanie!

No comments:

Post a Comment