Sunday, May 10, 2020

The Letter

When was the last time you received a letter?  No, not a text or a message on Facebook or even an email, I mean a real letter that the mailman delivers to your mailbox.  Most will say it’s been a long time since a letter written by a person, in their own handwriting has come to you.  I have a few which I save in a special place, that are all heartfelt feelings from the one who wrote them.  Many have come on Mother’s Day.  I once wrote that I am glad I have forgetful children because they have forgotten the many mistakes I made while I raised them.  Maybe they see only the tremendous love I have for them, a God-given love!  

I read a verse from 2 Corinthians today that talks about a letter!  I had not read this verse before or at least it did not hit me like it did this morning.  

And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
2 Corinthians 3:3 ESV

If we are, as the scripture says, a “letter” written by the Spirit, not with ink, what does this “letter” say to our kids, grandkids?  Does this “letter” speak love to those precious souls that God has given into our care?  Most importantly does this “letter” proclaim Christ as our salvation?  Will this “letter” find a special place in the human hearts of those it touches, not because it is perfect in itself, but because of Who wrote it!

Happy Mother’s Day!  Be the “letter” written by the Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment