Friday, May 29, 2020

Renewal

Renewal!

 Renewal! Sound appealing?  It does to me.  How many times have I been in a situation or a season of life that begs for “renewal”.

At least three times a day I get an offer in my email that decares, “Renewal by Anderson”.  Of course, that is an advertisement for new windows but the word “renewal” caught my attention and my mind went to well-known verses in Isaiah.

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall, but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:29‭-‬31 NIV

Did you catch it?  It was not Anderson but “hope in the Lord that will renew our strength”.  Not even with Anderson’s special offer can they or anything else compare with this promise.  Though they boast of a great deal,  they quickly add that it is for a limited time.  I have found that there is no time limit on God’s renewal plan.  He is the same today, tomorrow, and forever.  Just as He came alongside me as I raised my family and faced difficulties, He is with me today as I face many other difficult situations.  As my own children suffer from disease and difficulties, I still go to Him to renew me and give me strength.  I am encouraged that He gives strength to the weary and increases the power to the weak, which so aptly describes me so many times.

When I looked in the dictionary for the word “renew”, “restore” was used to define the word that originally caught my eye.  So in pursuit of truth from His word I was led to a verse that talks about restoring.


And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
1 Peter 5:10 NIV

I loved this verse not just for the restoring or bringing you back but two little words that put a personal touch of love and care on it.  He “will himself” restore you.  Do you need to be strong?  Claim it!  Do you long to be firm and steadfast once again?  Ask Him!  He Himself Will give you these things because of His great love for you.

Let Us Pray
Lord, God of our strength, grant us your “renewal”!  Heal where there is sickness or brokenness.  Bring to us your peace and grace.  As we suffer in this little while we wait for you, yourself to restore and renew us so that we may soar on wings of eagles.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment