Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Who's a Flake?




Raining again today! I am tired of these gloomy days especially this close to Christmas! Why not a beautiful snowy day with the sun twinkling off of each flake. Who's a flake? Did someone just call me a flake? Okay, guilty as charged, I guess God, the creator, by the way, know whether we need snow or rain or for that matter sleet, hail or wind! He sends it all to nourish the earth as he sends his word to nourish us.





Many times as I write this blog, I doubt if there will be anyone who reads it! More than once I have asked God if He even wants me to continue to scribble my thoughts and send them out into "cyberspace". As I pray over a post that just doesn't seem to flow right, I wonder if God, in His wisdom, has put a STOP on my Prayer Chair ramblings. So far, as I push the PUBLISH button I have done so feeling that He at the same time pushed the LIKE button. When I get discouraged, He never fails to send one of you (faithful readers) to encourage me in this journey or like today, He delivered my encouragement through His word from Isaiah, one of my favorite books of the Bible!





"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
And do not return there without watering the earth
And making it bear and sprout,
And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:10, 11 NASB





As I go forward into this new year, I always want it to be His words that nourish us, for His word will never return empty. I praise God that, in these writings, He allows me to be me. Sometimes, well most times, words come from my....craziness but sometimes words actually come from my pain or someone else. I find many thoughts come from sixty-four years of living and struggling, at times, to trust my beautiful Lord. I hope my ear always listens for what he would have me write because in that way, I know His word will never return to Him without accomplishing what He desires!





P.S. Since it stopped raining and at the prompting of my furry friends, I decided to take a small walk outside with them. My Lucy (girl) promptly followed Rocky (boy) and actually lifted her leg on the tree. My mind began to whirl, could there be a blog in this scenario? Perhaps accepting who God has made you to be or maybe embracing your gender! Could there be a scripture to..........? Sorry, I got carried away!! Hmmm? ...or did I? Check in tomorrow to see! Love you all, Jeanie






Sent from Jeanie!



No comments:

Post a Comment