Sunday, December 25, 2011

This One Day...Perhaps Means a Little Bit More!

Photo by Allison Smith

I got up while it was still dark and as usual turned on the Christmas trees while I waited for my coffee to brew in my new Keurig coffee maker. I did so with a little sadness because even though I will probably leave them up for another week or so today is the last day the twinkling lights will mean as much. Tomorrow the glow will be gone because this one day will have passed. This one day that many have planned for, saved for and dreamed of will go into our Christmas memories as decorations go back into boxes to be stored until next year.


Tomorrow things will start to get back to normal, we will dig out directions to our new gadgets and maybe try them out to see if they work, we will try new coffees in our new coffee maker, and put the magnet from Riley on the back of the car that says "I (heart)Dogs"! The diets will start, fitness programs will begin and new bills will start coming in the mail. Christmas cards with their greetings will be read again and put away, Christmas pictures will be put into frames for display and Christmas money will be spent in less time than it took to put it in the special made money cards.


As this one day ends with the setting sun I am reminded of a quote I read a few days ago, it comes from the wise sayings of my favorite "green man"! The Grinch!


He puzzled and puzzed till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. Maybe Christmas, he thought... doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps... means a little bit more!


Yep, Mr Grinch, it means so much more! It means family, it means love but mostly it means Jesus! It means what the angels said to shepherds abiding in the field over two thousand years ago.


"Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests." (Luke 2:10-14 NIV)


Lord, I thank you for this beautiful season of the year when families come together to celebrate but more than that, I thank you that you bring a daily celebration in my heart. A celebration of your love, your salvation, and your hope. I thank you that though images of you lying in a manger will find their places in boxes, that I will find you every morning in the pages of my bible and as I pray. I praise you Lord for your presence in my life all year and not just on this one day! Amen



Sent from Jeanie!





No comments:

Post a Comment