Monday, September 24, 2012

He Wakens Me!




This morning the alarm went off at 4:00 but I actually slept in until 4:30!  Why would a retired woman like myself set an alarm for 4:00 am?  I talk now about my “old lady” alarm that sets itself.  Why? Why do my bones creak, my hair turns gray or why does my memory fail me at times?  I don’t know the answer to that but it all happens when you get a certain age.  

I do know that as I creak down the stairs my heart is blessed and my mind is excited to think that it is time to be with the Lord.  The creator of the universe wishes to have time with me!  AMAZING!  That with a steaming cup of coffee makes for a perfect morning.  Perhaps as in the scripture for today from Isaiah, the Lord wakens me.  

The sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue to know the word that sustains the weary.  He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.  Isaiah 50:4

This morning, as I went to the door, the sky was alive with stars, the air was crisp and everything in me was happy to be awake, happy to see God’s creation take the center stage to perform without flaw.  I knew is was worth losing a little sleep to see his wonders as the night sky began to give way to the morning.  

How many times do I pass the glory of God in my hurriedness?  Yes, occasionally I do hurry!  If not in a hurry, I sometimes miss it because of the worries that blind me to His beauty!  Let us be wakened by the Lord this day as we go our way!

'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'  Act 17:28



Have a blessed day! Leave a comment if you have seen his glory today!











I

No comments:

Post a Comment