Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Chocolate Stampede!





When we visit my mom, about an hour away, she always likes to go to her favorite steak house and believe me we don't hesitate to take her. The steaks are tender, moist and the best I have ever eaten. They serve a sweet potato that is out of this world, tasty warm bread and we top it off with a chocolate desert that is "to die for"! I am certain that my, ever-widening hips bare evidence that I love the food that this great eatery serves.

Every chance I get I tell someone about it and especially about the glorious desert that awaits any who go to this place. The name says it all, "Chocolate Stampede"! It takes three waiters and the hostess to carry it out and instead of spoons we practically need shovels (slight exaggeration) but between the three of us we usually put most of it away, leaving Mom a small snack to take home. I am not afraid that those I recommend this restaurant to, will be offended by my telling them about something I love, I have no worry that maybe they might resent me for supposing they don't already know about this delight and I bare no burden to be politically correct when I over flow with praise for it’s culinary superiority.

But it occurred to me that while I gush over my favorite restaurant, I hesitate to tell, even the ones I love, about the best and most precious thing in my life...the Lord? He alone brings a peace that is beyond anything that the world offers. He delights me with His truth and quenches my thirst as he gives me living water. He died that I may have life eternal and live with him in heaven. He is my constant companion, the bible says he is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. Yet I shy from telling the whole world about this extravagant love He has for me, and that even before I knew him he loved me.

Go figure, I have no trouble telling people where to find great food but hesitate, for fear of offending, telling them about the "Bread of Life"!


Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. (John 6:35 NIV84)

Lord, forgive me for my lack of boldness, but in boldness and kindness help me to tell everyone I know about your love and your salvation through Jesus Christ! Amen

That restaurant? I don’t want to advertise here but it is named after what sits atop a bovine’s head!

Feel free to comment about this post, I would love to hear from you!

My Mission: To bring people to know the Lord as a friend but also and most importantly know Him as the Way!

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment