Thursday, February 27, 2020

When I Am Old

“Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭71:18‬ ‭NIV‬‬

This morning I had a guest with me as I read my devotions and prayed.  My sweet granddaughter seven year old Evie woke up and joined me.  Knowing 4:30 am was much too early for her to be up, I encouraged her to get a cozy blanket and curl up on the couch to get a few hours more sleep.  It wasn’t long before she peaked out of the pink fuzzy blanket and asked if she could join me on the recliner as I read my bible and sipped coffee.  We read a special devotion about dogs and talked about my journal.  This special morning I showed her how I wrote my prayers and favorite bible verses in it.  I purposely wrote about her and her family as I had many times before.  I showed her how sometimes I wrote my own devotional thoughts and she asked me to read one to her.  We talked about her special gift that God had given her.  I told her that He had given her the gift of showing love.  I recalled to her the many times, out of her heart of love, she would run to her grandpa or me and give us a big hug or squeeze our arm as if it was an overflow that just had to come out.  We talked of a loving Heavenly Father who knew her so well that he knew how many hairs she had on her head.  That made her smile!

I’m still waiting for her eyes to close but this morning my heart is full.  Sometimes God sends his blessings in pint-sized reminders!

No comments:

Post a Comment