Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Mother’s Love

Last night our daughter prepared us for the next five days of taking care of her busy family while she goes into the hospital for chemotherapy after a relapse of Hodgkin’s lymphoma.  The treatment will be very aggressive and intense to the point she needs to be in the hospital to be monitored for harsh side effects.

I had to laugh at the calendar she got out.  It was at least 36 inches long with slots for every day.  There were days for volleyball practice, homeschool and our part as teachers, coaches and somewhere in there is grandpa and grandma (easy part)!  She wrote,  with love, the schedule for those she loves most.

But just as my daughter looks over her family and knows them well, our Heavenly Father looks over us.  The Bible says He knows when we sit or stand and even knows our thoughts even when we are far away.

He knows when we are are afraid when the burdens we carry seem way too heavy.  His heart is broken as Missy undergoes this treatment to rid her body of this terrible disease.  He is easily touched by the hurt In her heart at being away from her children.  He feels her pain as the chemo takes over His precious child!

When I, her mother, realizes how much our Father loves her I am comforted to put her in His loving hands and I know he will take care of her through it all.

“You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:1-3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

No comments:

Post a Comment