Sunday, March 1, 2020

Awakened By My Creator

In these days of retirement, I usually pass up those devotional readings that address “slowing down” because, though I do keep busy, I am not rushed like I was when I worked as a Respiratory Therapist in the hospital or a busy mom juggling the lives of my household.  Many of you are there now.  Many years ago after I retired, I asked the Lord to wake me up when it was time to be quiet with Him who gives light to me. He does wake me , usually way before the sun comes up.  I wake with a hunger in my soul to spend time with my God.  It has become such a pleasure that I can’t wait to begin.  As I start my coffee, I pray the Creator of the Universe give me His thoughts for my day.  I plead for a comforting word in my time of distress.  If I am bothered by an important decision I need to make, He sends His wisdom.  I wish I would have started much earlier in my life though I’m sure it would have been more difficult to set aside time with He who knows how many hairs on my head.  If I could give a lifetime of mornings, I could never repay Him for His amazing, unfailing love!

No comments:

Post a Comment