Friday, March 27, 2020

Where He Is The Light



My home has been here in South Carolina for a month or more with my daughter’s family.  I cried thinking about leaving them and the blessing it has been to share their lives for these weeks.  A true privilege for a grandma that lives twelve hours away. 

My home in Illinois is what I would call my true home.  That’s where the rest of my clothes are, my church family and mostly my husband, the love of my life.  I have missed him so much.  I miss things like the migrating birds that have finally made it back from their winter homes and the new blooms on our pear tree.  This year I will enjoy two springs since here in South Carolina, trees, bushes and flowers are in full bloom and the temperature out on my daughter’s patio, I’m sure is near eighty already.  

As precious as my home is, it does not compare to my heavenly home.  The one the Lord is preparing for me.  I read a wonderful thought the other day that explained that if we thought of our most wonderful, happiest and most satisfying moment and multiplied it times a million that it would not even touch what is waiting for in heaven.

People, half kidding and half serious have said “When I get to heaven I’m going to ask God why this happened?”  Others have said, “God has some explaining to do”!  If that celestial place is anything like we think, we won’t even remember what we were going to ask Him.  We will forget with that first breath of paradise!  

No.  I’m not home yet!  If they don’t cancel my flight for the third time, I will go back home to Illinois tomorrow but I don’t know when I’ll get to my true HOME!  As I sometimes experienced homesickness for Illinois and my husband while I was here, I sometimes get homesick for a place that has no sickness, sadness or even tears only shear delight.  But mostly I get lonely for my Savior who I long to see face to face.  and a place where there will be no need for light because HE IS THE LIGHT!

Revelation 21:23 New International Version (NIV)
23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment