Friday, March 27, 2020

The Faith of a Child

Worship From Childlike Faith

I have been in South Carolina with my daughter and her family for about a month and most of that time one or both of my granddaughters slept with me.  Most of the time it was wiggly and giggly but I enjoyed every minute, even the kicks in the middle of the night or Evie’s flailing arms.  Evie would always request snuggles, at which time she would most times go right to sleep.  Last night my Jenna read from her little pink Book of Devotions for Girls to her sister and I.  Her voice was soft and reverent as she read the verse of the day and continued to read the thoughts of the author.  I don’t think it coincident that the scripture she read was meant for such times as these.  It was concerning the importance of praying for our leaders.  This little one, who seems wise beyond her years, spoke truth.  Yes, I had my own little worship session!

I urge, then first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.
1 Timothy 2:1-2

A good lesson for us all in these trying times.  How appropriate these verses are in these crazy times.  Even at her young age she seemed to grasp the urgency of these petitions to our Savior.  After reading the bible verses from 1 Timothy, she prayed a prayer that would rival most adults.  She prayed for our country and its leaders, for people hurt by the virus and a special prayer of protection for her mommy who is receiving chemotherapy and is vulnerable to any infection.  In her heartfelt prayer she didn’t forget to be thankful for her family, for her home and even thanked the Lord for her warm bed.

How many of we adults remember to be grateful to our Heavenly Father for what He has blessed us with even in these difficult times.  As we all weather this current storm may we put it the right perspective and with childlike faith be grateful for all we have.  May we be thankful for our homes, our health and warm beds to cuddle up in at night.  Let us live peaceful lives in all godliness and holiness and pray for everyone.

I love you, Jenna!

No comments:

Post a Comment