Friday, January 17, 2020

My Honeys

Tonight I shared with one of my daughters something I had not thought of for a long time.  I remember meeting an old friend when the kids and I were at a store.  After we had talked and caught up on each other's lives we parted.  After she had gone one of the girls asked, "How many honeys does that lady have?"  Not understanding exactly what she meant, I asked her to repeat the question.  After a repeat, I knew what she meant.  Since I always called her "Honey", she didn't think of herself as a kid or a child but a "Honey".  I laughed and cherished that thought.  I was glad they were my honeys!

I thought of my Heavenly Father who, the Bible says, calls me by name.  I smiled at the thought of being called His "Honey".

In Isaiah 49:16 the Bible says I have written your name on the palms of my hands.  Think about it!  God has you and me tattooed on His hands so our name is always before Him.  We are always on His mind.  He sees our hurts, our weariness or even our betrayal as sometimes we turn away from His love.

Psalm 116:2 says:
Because He bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath.

In my mind's eye, I see Him bend down and whisper, "Honey, I am here"!

Praise His beautiful name, I'm His Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment