Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Don’t Be Afraid, Little Flock

I’m a sucker for those sweet, hidden, little morsels that God has left throughout His Word.  Yesterday I rediscovered one that melted my heart as I visualized it.

So don’t be afraid little flock.  For it give your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom.  Luke 12:32

I remember trying to move my “little flock” when we had to go somewhere especially church!  The phrase “herding cats” came to mind sometimes but for the most part we had a system.  The kids were bathed complete with hair washing.  I would give them their bath, Larry would blow dry the hair and  brush the teeth and send them on to be dressed by me including shoes shined.  As they grew older the feat was to get them from primping in the bathroom and slowing the whole process.  Believe it or not, we usually made it on time if not early.  Some would joke as all the kids jumped out of the van that the other church bus had arrived.

Hectic? Yes!  Oh, but for the days of having our “little flock” together.  Oh, to pull them up close under our roof and hear those “Walton style”. Good nights!

Now, of course they are all grown and have “little flocks” of their own. But the memories I still carry now in my prayers like sweet, fragrant flowers in a basket.

But as the verse in Luke says, our Heavenly Father gathers us and proclaims “Don’t be afraid!” Little flock don’t be afraid when the diagnosis is bad, the bank account is zero or when you find yourself with a prodigal.

Don’t be afraid because your Father WITH GREAT HAPPINESS gives you the Kingdom.  There is nothing greater than the Kingdom.

I believe that verse is in the Bible to show us His great tenderness and love and His willingness to happily give us what we ask for, even and including the Kingdom of God!

So “Little Flock” rest and don’t be afraid!

No comments:

Post a Comment