Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Who Do We Need To Carry To Jesus?


My Prayer Chair!

One of the first miracles I came across in my study of Mark this morning was the healing of the mother-in-law of Simon (later called Peter). The bible says that Peter told Jesus about his mother-in-law who laid in bed sick with a fever and Jesus went into her and helped her up and she began to wait on them. A side note here that always makes me snicker a little is maybe Simon only told Jesus about his sick mother-in-law because he needed someone to cook the meal. I guess I have heard too many mother-in-law jokes!

I also found a poor paralytic who could not move on his own, being lowered down by his friends, to Jesus through the opening they made in the roof of the house where Jesus was healing. Jesus took pity on the man and said “Take up your mat and walk”!

As I continued through the gospels, I found that Jarius came to Jesus pleading for the life of his daughter. Upon seeing the little girl Jesus took her hand and said “My child get up”!

Another time a Royal Official came begging for his son who was near death, Jesus said “You may go, your son will live”.

Maybe one of my favorite accounts of a miracle was Mary and Martha who sent word to Jesus that “The one you love is sick”. Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead.

In all of these stories told of the miracles of Jesus, someone else had to bring them to Jesus either physically like the paralytic or by bringing the request that Jesus come to them.

I thought of the times I was called to not only pray for someone but to bring Jesus to them, like some we read about this morning. Sometimes we bring Jesus to someone who didn’t know him but usually in times of trouble we bring Jesus afresh to a weary soul. It seems at times there have been obstacles like the men who lowered the paralytic down to Jesus. Many times Jesus seems far off, but even so we pray for those He loves.


As I read these accounts, I thought of those who promise to pray for my daughter who suffers from bipolar disorder. Many times, in all of our lives, we are unable to pray on our own behalf and need others to take us to Jesus. Many times I have used the words of Mary and Martha as they sent word to Jesus “the one you love is sick”. I pray for those Jesus loves, which is everyone, when they are unable to pray or in some cases unwilling to pray. I pray for those who are sick of body, sick of mind but also sick of soul. I pray for the discouraged!

I am so grateful for all of those who pray for my dear Nealy as she goes through this very difficult time. Pray for healing and remind the Lord often that “the one you love is sick”! Thanks for all the prayers!

Visit her Facebook page “My beautiful life as a bipolar pastor’s wife”.



No comments:

Post a Comment