Friday, October 26, 2012

A Gift!



I come to you today from the great state of South Carolina but my heart found itself in Psalms 127 and 128 two of the Songs of Ascent concerning the home and families.

October 10, 2012, little Evelyn Elizabeth made her entrance into our lives and hearts. She is nine pounds one ounce of pure beauty, in my grandmotherly opinion! Yesterday was a day of reflection for me as I thought of my own babies and their entries into the world but I thought greatly about this little girl's future as her brand new life begins. what kind of world will be hers? What kind of strengths will she need to thrive!

I love the beautiful words in Psalm 127.

Children are a gift from the Lord ;
they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man
are like arrows in a warrior's hands.
How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them!
He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates. (Psalm 127:3-5 NLT)

I like the analogy of "arrows in the hands of a warrior". An arrow that is not directed goes no where, it makes no difference how beautiful, or strong. So parents are to direct their path and send them flying to hit the ultimate target which is to know the God of their parents. This heavenly little soul will need the nurturing of loving parents to guide her as to which way she should go.

Then in Psalm 128 the last two verses it says:

May the Lord continually bless you from Zion.
May you see Jerusalem prosper as long as you live.
May you live to enjoy your grandchildren.
May Israel have peace! (Psalm 128:5, 6 NLT)

I especially like the part about grandparents, "may you live to enjoy your grandchildren" because Evvie, I truly enjoy being your Grandma already!

Praise you Father God for this awesome blessing! Amen!






Sent from Jeanie!

No comments:

Post a Comment