Thursday, October 25, 2012

Clean Your Cookie Jar!

Today my computer moaned and groaned and begged for some attention. From what I got from the dumb thing is “Its “cookie” jar runneth over, so I clicked on the appropriate places to have those “cookies” removed. Finally after much ado, a message came up that alerted me that the cookies had been removed and I had gained much needed space on my PC. Great!

Sometimes life is like my computer, it runneth over with too much stuffeth! I find myself rearranging it and prioritizing it but some stuff just needs to go. Like worry for instance! And anxiety! Guilt! Have you ever found yourself feeling guilty for not worrying? I sometimes think if I am not worrying about a situation I’m not doing my duty as a Christian, a wife or as a mother. I wrongly, consciously or unconsciously think, if I let up on worry the whole thing will crash.

I have thought about this a lot lately! How joyful can I be if I am always worrying? In fact the bible says “The joy of the Lord is my Strength” but can joy and worry abide on the same “hard drive”? Where is my strength if I have no joy? So many times in the bible we are told to cast our burdens on Him to let Him handle them.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:27

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Matthew 6:28

So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' Matthew 6:31

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

If joy has been beat out with worry, you need to reboot! Allow the joy to come back into your soul and delete worry. Easy? No! Possible? Yes! If it had not been possible there would not be so many references to it in the Word. Okay, now my cookies are gone so I will start today to hand my burdens over to the only one who can help anyway!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment