Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Don't Get Your Tutu in a Bunch!






This is my second day home from South Carolina where my daughter and son-in-law live and I have done nothing but rest. Keeping up with a young family takes a toll on an old woman like me. We stayed up one night until 2:00 am watching a movie. I haven't seen that time on the clock except when I'm squinting at the alarm clock as I make my nightly trek to the bathroom.

We were there to help out with the house they moved into that was in need of some sprucing up. Our pregnant daughter, Missy, was in charge of getting some much needed rest and our granddaughter Jenna. Did I say rest and Jenna in the same sentence? Oh, my mistake! This little girl at three years old, is a live wire! She is constant motion and nonstop "WHYs"! But for Larry and I she was nonstop "DELIGHT"!

To our pleasure, when Jenna entered a room, we never knew what she would be wearing. Usually a tutu was a part of her outfit as well as a hat, she normally avoided wearing a top but considered something around her neck just as good. The problem came when Jenna had to get dressed in something more suitable for going out. On those occasions, I will have to admit, she was.....shall I say less than cooperative! In fact the word carnal comes to mind. My daughter, who has wisely, learned with this delightfully independent child to pick her battles. She often said, "Jenna, if you choose to disobey there will be consequences!". At that, my beautiful little granddaughter would cross her little arms over her chest and growl "I don't want no consequences!". She wasn't saying she was ready to obey, she was saying she wanted to disobey with no consequences. Somehow I see myself many times taking this childish stance with my Heavenly Father. I can recall those times I knew what was right but chose my own way. I folded my arms and said I want my own way, forgetting the possible adverse consequences of my actions. Have you been there? Did you ever get your "tutu" in a bunch and refuse to mind God?

Larry and I are still talking about our Jenna, not only her bouts with “carnality“, but her sweetness, her charming smile that lit up our hearts and her love for her Grandma and Grandpa that gave us so much joy! Thank you Missy, John and Jenna for the laughter, love and lessons from a tutu wearin’ angel named Jenna!


"Trust and Obey for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus but to Trust and Obey!" Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment