Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Throw Your Arms Around His Neck and Hold On!



Since coyotes roam this area I always try to get my cat in at night. One evening I waited until dark to go out. My granddaughter Riley was here and wanted to go with me. We called and called but with no luck we walked out further into the darkness to find him. At this Riley grabbed my hand and held on tight. Since I had made this trip many times I walked with confidence but now instead of one hand in mind, I noticed both hands around my arm and before long Riley wanted me to carry her. I walked now more slowly, and was breathing harder as those little arms wrapped tightly around my neck. The farther we walked the darker it got but because of the light of the beautiful moon I spied my "prayer chair" and headed for it to rest. Now we could see the stars, every one put into place by our creator. Riley loosened her grip a bit as we talked about that heavenly scene. The light from the moon shone on her beautiful face as we picked out the big and little dipper and all the stars that God had flung into existence! As we walked back to the house, she again wrapped her little arms around me, I was her protector and her strength. She knew those coyotes would have to go through me to get to her!


Like Riley, I often need to be carried by my protector! When I am afraid I need someone stronger than myself. In those times, I find myself, very often drawn to Isaiah 40 because it tells of God's awesome power and how I can draw from it in my weakness. I love verses like:




vs 11 He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart: He gently leads those that have young. (As a mother Ioften need led).




This scripture tells of his tenderness, yet the next vs 12 tells how he measures the waters in the hollow of his hand or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens. Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills on a balance?




vs 28 The creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. vs 29 He gives strength to the weary (ever feel weary?).




Today I was drawn to vs 31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.




"Hope in the Lord" in Hebrew actually means to bind together with , to be gathered together or like Riley to wrap around. Riley grabbed my neck because she trusted me to keep her safe, as I carried her she trusted my strength. I guess she didn't notice my heavy breathing. Oh, to trust and have hope, to wait upon (KJV) the Lord like a child.




Are you weary of life? Do you long for your strength to be renewed? The bible says he will renew our strength if we hope in him, so we will soar on wings like eagles, we will run and not grow weary, and walk and not faint. vs 31.




We got back to the house safe and sound with cat in hand and Grandma very tired. It's good to know that my father in heaven does not get tired and he will carry me through anything life has for me, if I just throw my arms around his neck and hold on.


Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:28-31 NIV)





Sent from Jeanie!

No comments:

Post a Comment