Thursday, June 2, 2011

If a Hawk Squawks Duck and Tarry!








I went out early to my favorite place to talk to the Lord, my "prayer chair"! It was perfect with a gentle breeze wafting across the grass that was still glistening from dew that had fallen during the night! The birds were singing, each one their own tune in the swaying trees that moved gently in the breeze. As I took in this beautiful scene, one of my favorite songs came to my mind "In the Garden". I couldn't help but sing those beautiful words........ "I come to the Garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses" And the voice I hear falling on my ear, the son of God disclosed. And as I raised my voice in the chorus ......

"And He walks with me and he talks with me and He tells me I am His own....



Suddenly came a SQUAWK! SQUAWK! A small hawk with squawk like a full grown eagle, dipped close to the ground in front of me and interrupted my special moment (maybe he didn't like my singing). As I tried to recapture the mood, the crazy thing came again! Swooping again and again close to my head, I tried to see what it was trying to get but found nothing that looked like something this bird of prey could eat! What was this annoying little creature looking for? After several more passes over my head he finally left me alone. Now trying to refocus, I tried to remember the words of the song I was singing when I was so rudely interrupted!

.....And the joy we share... as we tarry there... none other has ever known.

My feathered friend intruded into my "moment" he had interrupted my life by swooping in unexpectedly and threatened my joy. His persistence nearly derailed my time with God but as I tarried in Garden of His presence I was able to share his joy in spite of the hawk squawk!

I think of the times that life and it's problems have dive bombed my spirit unexpectedly and how I have ducked and swayed and nearly lost my joy to the enemy who squawked his lies to me. It usually happens when I need to spend time in the garden but sometimes it is when my heart is full that the enemy tries his hardest to swoop in and pluck my joy from me. In those times I need to tarry in His presence all the more! Praise God that he allows us to share in his joy!

So when you hear a hawk squawk, duck and tarry!

The next verse of the song, I also love!

He speaks and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing
And the melody that he gave to me
Within my heart is singing!

Chorus:

And He walks with me, and He talks with me, and he tells me I am His own;

And the joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever know.




Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment