Saturday, April 24, 2010

He Knows Me Yet He Loves Me!



I have had the blessed pleasure and privilege of seeing the birth of some of my grandchildren. Some I didn’t see but waited anxiously outside the door to be presented with this new life. What a wonderful experience that was. I recently had the great pleasure of watching my granddaughter Jenna come into the world. We already knew that a girl was on the way because of the new technology but the mystery was still there. Who knew her hair would be red and that she would have her Mom’s lips. Who knew she would look like her Dad in so many ways. I couldn’t have predicted her sweet personality or her, at times, temper! I also let myself think of the unseen person in the room at those wonderful occasions. The creator of this little soul wasn’t surprised at anything. He didn’t look over my shoulder and say oh my, I didn’t know that! That’s a surprise to me! Or in another delivery room he wasn’t surprised when a child was born without arms or blind he didn’t say “now I will have to go to plan B”. As a society we have discovered DNA but he was the creator of DNA. When I was born he wasn’t surprised that I would have challenges. He knew me before I was ever to be. He knew what life would be for me. He knew the hurts, I would face, he knew the blessing I would have. He knew that sometimes my world wouldn’t make sense and it would be colored by depression at times. Thankfully he didn’t throw his hands in the air and decide that I wasn’t what he had in mind. Instead he declared “For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11. Praise the Lord, He knows me.
“JESUS KNOWS ME THIS I LOVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment