Saturday, April 24, 2010

Finished

In my journal, there is a place that asks what is the weather? I like to fill that in because it is fun to look back to see what the weather was on a particular day. Today I wrote: Cloudy, rained last night supposed to rain later today. Pretty cut and dry huh? But I began to think about how that reflected my mood and perspective for today. Bad and more bad coming. I forgot to include the fact that for right now the rain had stopped, the breeze was warm, the grass glistened from the rain and tiny droplets hung beautifully from the needles on the pine tree outside my window. How often I stand between these two realities but fail to really live and serve there. Sometimes I hurt from the past and dread the future. I am glad that Jesus did not fail to live in that "in between", he didn't stop doing good, preaching love and healing. When he was twelve years old, the bible says that he told his parents that he was "going about his Father's business" and at the end of his life he said it was "Finished". I hope to not only see the rain in the past but also the sunshine and may also look forward to my glorious home in heaven. But I pray I will really live and be about my Father's business until the Lord says It is finished!
draft

No comments:

Post a Comment