Friday, November 27, 2020

Is It Over Yet

Is It Over Yet? Like many, when I think of this year, I shake my head. But thankfulness comes to mind even if Christmas ornaments wear colorful masks and jokes dominate Facebook about the chaos we call 2020! Our new vocabulary includes “social distancing,” and big Xs point the way to our destination in grocery stores, pharmacies, and hospital procedures. Yes, 2020 deserves all the bad press that comes its way, but my mind goes back to last year at this time. I was still basking in the blessings of our 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration. I renewed vows to love my best friend for as long as I live in front of our whole family. That has not changed! We proclaimed that our God Jehovah was indeed our guiding light and Savior, and that certainly remains true to this very day. Have we had bumps along the way, yes but God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Early in the year, we learned that Missy’s cancer had returned, and she was in for the fight of her life. I had to return again and again to the final song we sang at our anniversary celebration. “Because He Lives,” the voices of my family rang out as they joined us in singing this beautiful promise. “Because He Lives I can face tomorrow.” Missy never turned her back on this God who accompanied her along this journey called cancer. She could not “social distance” herself from this long and hard road she found herself on. Still, her trust was in His sovereignty and love. I have seen many prayers answered this year, as well as His protection in automobile accidents, surgeries, and significant falls that could have been deadly turn out a few bumps and bruises. I have seen big moves happen, Oregon to Illinois with the safety of the Father’s hand, big decisions made, and Oliver turn 1, a signal that life goes on even in a crazy year! God did not turn away from us on January 1st, 2020; in fact, the bible says that He bends down to listen to us, and He requires no mask or social distancing. Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath! Psalm 116:2 Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God. Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment