Friday, November 6, 2020

It’s Christmas At My House

It’s Christmas! It’s Christmas at my house anyway! It started in October because of an upcoming surgery that would render me non-weight bearing for six weeks. This would make it very difficult, if not impossible, to put up my vast collection of Christmas decorations. During these weeks of decorating, I have been reading Christmas devotions, I blare my Christmas carols from my Bose speaker, and indeed I adore the One who brings this celebration. As I turned on my trees in the early morning, I thought of something that lifted my soul’s heaviness in this disturbing time. Though the election brings debate, it’s Christmas at my house. I can still proclaim Joy To The World, and the one I celebrate fills me while the darkness still lingers outside. When a pandemic threatens to bring our country to a halt again, the lights on my trees remind me of the Light of the World that bids me, “O Come All Ye Faithful”! It’s Christmas at my house. Bethlehem’s manger sits in its traditional abode upon our desk, clear lights illuminating each character of that blessed group. Mary sits beside the baby Jesus gazing at his beautiful face and ponders all these things while shepherds recall the words of the angel of the LORD “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace and goodwill toward men.” It’s Christmas at my house! Away In The Manger sums up my prayers in tumultuous days, “Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask you to stay.” It’s Christmas at my house! Come Let Us Adore Him! ““Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!”” ‭‭Luke‬ ‭2:14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

No comments:

Post a Comment