Wednesday, November 11, 2020

One Vote

One Vote How much is one vote worth? One vote! My vote! In my years of voting, I have felt this my only source of action to voice my opinion. My one chance to change what I might see as wrong or, at the least, not in the best interest of our precious democracy. We are told to change things at the ballot box. My Dad fought for that right for me. During World War 2, he spent twenty-six months in a POW camp, where this strong man of large frame was reduced to 135 pounds. He didn’t talk of his experiences, but neither did he complain or regret giving his all for his country. While being a captive, his mother and father both died, and the family farm was lost. Two of his brothers were committed to mental hospitals for what they called then “Shell Shock.” My brother would serve in Viet Nam, along with many in my family. My dear husband would board a plane headed for Viet Nam with a line of MPs in place to keep any from fleeing, but this man would not even think of such a thing because he was willing to die for the freedom he believed in and for my ONE VOTE! I prayed today for God’s favor again on this country and offered a much-used prayer, GOD BLESS AMERICA! Honor our Veterans this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment