Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Chosen Because of the closeness, I feel toward my God, I sometimes forget who He really is. When I address Him as Father or friend, I can sometimes forget His majesty, His power, and the fact that he spoke the earth into existence. I sometimes unconsciously assign to Him the smallness of mankind. I must not forget that the one I speak to about my most intimate feelings and fears made the stars and named them one by one. He who I pray to, according to the book of Job, told the sea where its boundaries were when He declared, “You may come this far, but no further; here your proud waves must stop”. He asked Job, “Have you entered the storehouse of snow or observed the storehouse of hail or know which direction the lightning is dispersed?” According to chapter 38 in the book of Job, God questions Job, “Who has begotten the drops of dew?” In this beautiful chapter, God lays out for Job who He is and what miracles He has done and inquires as to why should we, mere humans, question the creator. Why should we the “clay” inquire of the Potter about what’s going on? The other day my husband asked me to consider a question he had asked himself. “If you had the privilege of asking Jesus just one question as He stood before you, what would that one question be?” I pondered for a few minutes as many things came to mind like why cancer exists, why wars rage, or why poverty is so brutal? But remembering I could ask only one question, I asked, “Why, Lord, did you choose me?” Me, so unworthy of your majesty? Me, so ordinary? Me, so flawed? It so happened that Larry asked the same thing. Together we ask, “Why us, why was our family so blessed to be and live as a Christian family?” We had to conclude that no one can even measure His greatness or understand His motives. After reading the beautiful words in Job, I turned to Psalm 145:3-7 a psalm of praise of David. Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise! No one can measure his greatness. Let each generation tell its children of your mighty acts; let them proclaim your power. I will meditate on your majestic, glorious splendor, and your wonderful miracles. Your awe-inspiring deeds will be on every tongue; I will proclaim your greatness. Everyone will share the story of your wonderful goodness; they will sing with joy about your righteousness. Psalms 145:3‭-‬7 NLT So I am still led to wonder why this great Lord, as the Bible tells us, knows how many hairs are on my head, collects my tears in a bottle, and engraves me on the palms of His precious hands chose me. Even in His greatness, He did choose me. Who makes the rain fall on barren land, in a desert where no one lives? Who sends rain to satisfy the parched ground and make the tender grass spring up? Job 38:26‭-‬27 NLT First written in my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment