Wednesday, June 3, 2020

FAITH HOPE LOVE

Day 1

FAITH, HOPE, LOVE

I asked my daughter Missy if she and I could write a devotional for cancer victims on that journey she now is on.  She told me that she had a simple mind and no fancy words.  The writing below tells me her mind if simple, is also profound and her heart for God is inspiring.

She writes;
Today is my first day as an inpatient for a stem cell transplant!! I’m choosing faith over fear! I’m choosing hope! God is so so good to me! His provision is so humbling.  Although I am not able to have my same support team surrounding me during this part of treatment, rest assured that my Savior grabbed me by my hand and walked me into this place...He came before me and walks beside me!!

Not needing to add too much to this writing from my daughter, I looked up verses from the bible that she no doubt has heard all throughout her life.  These words resonate truth for such a time as this.

The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalms 27:1 NIV

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,  though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
Psalms 46:1‭-‬3 NIV

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13 NIV

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9 NIV

As I read through this testimony to our sweet daughter, I see FAITH, HOPE, and LOVE.

And now these three remain faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13 NIV

She has faith in her God, Hope in Jesus for her salvation, love for her precious family and the ONE she praises even in the dark night of life.!

No comments:

Post a Comment