Saturday, June 6, 2020

Consider it Pure Joy

Day 2  Consider It Pure Joy


Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:2‭-‬4 NIV


I always skimmed right over James 1:2 because it was foreign to my thought process. It says that when troubles come to consider it an opportunity for great joy.  In the Easy English bible, it goes so far as to say, be happy even when many kinds of trouble happens to you.  Consider it nothing but joy when you fall into various trials, touts the Amplified version.  All versions qualify these statements by saying that it gives us more endurance, perseverance, and maturity when the trial is over. A few years back,  I was amazed as Missy, daughter of a slug, ran marathons.  This kind of self-torture was foreign to my thinking although fortunately, my genes were not the only ones involved because her dad had much the same makeup.  As she began to train, her muscles ached, her lungs burned and her heart raced. Slowly but surely she got stronger and stronger until she indeed ran her first half marathon.  I see this same strength in her today as she battles cancer, but instead of depending on her own strength, she depends on her Lord to make her strong through trials and difficulties.  As she so eloquently puts it, “hard moments become bearable and with Christ, all those bearable moments can even be joy-filled”.

Missy’s Testimony of Strength and Joy
Got my transplant today!!! Now we just wait for the baby cells to grow❤️❤️
It has been a hard process to walk through but, all of the hard moments become bearable and then with Christ, all of those bearable moments can even be joy-filled!
My heart is grateful and full of hope! I’m trusting in My Fathers promises❤️

In the next verses in that chapter, it tells us to ask for wisdom and it will be given.

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
James 1:5 NIV

That’s where I am this day.  I want wisdom to see joy in trials.  I plead for strength that only He gives in troubles.  I want my bearable moments to be joy-filled as one so wise so eloquently tells me.  

Prayer
Lord, thank you for your enduring love and strength during this time of trials.  I praise you for joy that is not of this world but is from you.  Indeed have your hand on this process in her journey and give healing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment