Saturday, June 13, 2020

A Showcase of His Strength

  



“A Showcase of His Strength!”


The challenge of shopping with four kids suddenly turned to the worst fear I had ever felt.  It was a few days before school started and I was pregnant with my fifth child, My legs and back screamed in pain as I carried our youngest on one hip. After a while, Missy, being only sixteen months got very restless and very heavy. Needing a hand with the load, I gathered the troops for help. As often happened with my helpful crew, she went from one big sister to another while I was finding school clothes. Instructed to stay close so I could keep an eye on them all, I went about my shopping.  In just a few seconds with my attention on sizes, colors and styles, I turned back to see that no one had Missy.  Panic ensued. as we searched everywhere!  We looked in the clothes racks with tiny children’s outfits, under tables stacked high with school supplies, and we even looked in an area set up for kids to play while their parents shopped.  She was nowhere to be found.  After searching in vain, in my desperation, I made security aware of our situation. Soon our predicament was announced over the loudspeaker. The chilling words, that a child was missing caused a debilitating fear to set into every cell in my body.  In tears and excruciating fear, I prayed for my little blond-headed baby girl that we would find her very soon, I prayed for protection over her and finally that she would not be afraid.  With the help of many, we searched while minutes seemed like hours.  Broadening our search, we happened into the baby section of the store and there we found our sweet baby fast asleep in a comfy stroller marked “reduced for quick sale”.  I was beyond relieved in fact no word could ever express the feeling I had at that moment.  My heart was filled with such love as I lifted this one so small from her cozy nest. She was still groggy from the impromptu nap, but there was no hint of fear at all.  The Lord had taken her fear and caused her to rest as she waited for help to come.  

I thought of this as I read what that same girl wrote about her fear during this time of great suffering with cancer treatments.  She wrote of what fear tells us!  It shouts to your sad heart that you are all alone in your suffering.  That you must face trials and struggles by yourself. Fear is also a great reminder of our failures and weaknesses but faith points us to our God.  This one who God loves so much knows that God is always in her corner, always on her side.  As the bible says and she readily testifies that our weaknesses showcases God’s strength.  And waiting, oh the waiting!  Psalm 27:14 says, “Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD!

She writes with victorious assurance;
“Fear tells us that we are alone, that we have to face our trials and struggles on our own. It reminds us of our weaknesses. It points us to our own failures. But, FAITH points us to God. It reassures us that we are never alone — God is ALWAYS on our side! And faith shows us our weakness is just an opportunity to showcase God’s strength.
Praying God’s truth over my fears.

A song and words recently posted;


“Hallelujah, Even Here” by Lydia Laird.

Halleluja, when the storm is relentless!
Hallelujah, when the battle is endless
In the middle of the in-between
In the middle of the questioning
Over every worry, every fear
Hallelujah, even here
Hallelujah, even here

No comments:

Post a Comment