Thursday, April 16, 2020

Annoyin’?



Jesus looked at him and loved him.  Mark 10:21

You're annoyin', Uncle Shane, I'm doing my make up" my 2 year old granddaughter, Harper, said as her uncle peered into the little house she was playing in.  As "Uncle" persisted she became more and more annoyed.  I laughed at the video of this whole conversation and wondered how many times we have, in a way, told God that, as he looks into our world.  Do we find other things that we make more important than he is to us?  
Today as I read in Mark, I read about the rich young man who inquired of Jesus "What must I do to inherit eternal life?"  The man explained to Jesus that he had kept all the laws since he was a boy and then the bible says Jesus looked at him and loved him.  Don't you love that?  He looked at him and loved him.
This morning I felt his eyes looking on me as I read this story in Mark in His glorious word?  I had just read the verse that says that Jesus looked at the rich young man and loved him.
Jesus looked at him and loved him.  Mark 10:21
I thought about how many times I have felt unloveable and wondered how a Holy God could love me. Sometimes, as Jesus peers into our lives,  we say with our attitude, "That's annoyin'", but he continues to love us anyway.  In the account in Mark the young man went away, sad, because Jesus asked him to give all of his money to the poor and follow him.  He put his money ahead of following Jesus, just like Harper put "Doing her makeup" ahead of her Uncle Shane and his love for her.
Thank you for loving us!


No comments:

Post a Comment