Saturday, January 26, 2013

Where Can I Go?




You know what I like about exercising? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Well except when I am through and the satisfaction of doing it sinks into my weary body. We have been going to the YMCA three times a week to ride bikes, lift weights and for me I like to walk in the water which is very relaxing. That would be the only thing that I like about my workout! Then it’s home for a nap. Whew! Wears me out thinking about it!
 
I have also been going to Weight Watchers to lose some of that Christmas weight, actually several Christmas‘s have ganged up on me. Every week I am tempted to buy a new cook book, a special measuring cup set with the WW logo or a WW water bottle. The last time I went I was intrigued by another little gadget that you can get to help with your weight loss. You put it around your neck and someway magically it knows whether you are up and about, exercising or vegetating on the couch. I imagined it sort of like the GPS, but instead of a car moving on the screen there would be a mildly, obese, gray haired woman wobbling along. If you plug it into your computer, it gives you a read out and tells you if you can lose weight doing what you are doing. WW water bottle, yes! This little “tattle tale”, no!

Today as I read Psalm 139 and thought of this little gadget. It tells me that God is interested in what I am doing, where I go and what I say. Just think of it, He not only knew us before we were conceived but knows our every move, even right this minute.

O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.

You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.

You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.

Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord.

You hem me in-behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?

Psalm 139:1-7

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can we flee from your presence, Lord? Why would I want to flee from He who knows me so intimately! What love He has for us!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment