Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Story!

This is an article that I submitted to a Christian magazine today. Will have to wait to see if it is published.




As I think of "My Story" all I can think of is "Why Me"! Wait! It is not what you think! Let me explain; I was born in Bloomington, Illinois in 1948 and grew up much like others in that era. My dad was a railroader and my mom was a housewife. As I grew up, I always had a hunger for God. I cannot remember a time when I didn't pray or when I didn't walk in the light that he provided. I was your typical bus kid and throughout my childhood I climbed the steps of many church buses from many different churches. When I got a little older I walked to a nearby church. I have never understood why I desired to know God so early in my life. Why was I so blessed? I certainly was not more deserving, so again I say "why me?". When I married, I married a man who came from a home much like mine who was not a believer, but within a few months of our marriage he was saved and made Christ the center of our home! Why me, Lord? Remember me Lord, the product of an alcoholic home! Remember me, not especially smart, pretty or even the least bit important? What possible good could a girl like me be to the brilliant, beautiful creator of everything? I even now shake my head in disbelief. A few months ago I came across a scripture and my loving heavenly Father gave me the answer.

He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 18:2-3

Of course I had read these verses many times but as I read, I started to wonder about that child that Jesus took in his strong arms that day. Did that precious one always remember that day? Instead of a name, did the other kids say "hey! There goes the kid that the savior lifted into His presence to teach a great lesson.". That's the one!

What kind of an adult, grew from this special child! I could imagine this little one having the notion that there could never be a more important place to be, than standing next to Jesus, no matter what life from that point would throw him. I tried to imagine how I as a child would have reacted to being thrust into the spotlight and standing next to Jesus. How would one so undeserving as I, feel about being blessed with the presence of the precious Jesus, so young. Why me, Lord?

In a voice as gentle as a warm summer breeze, the Lord spoke softly to my heart......."You are that child"!


Thank you, Lord for pulling me up so close that I have never wanted to leave!


Sent from Jeanie!

No comments:

Post a Comment