Monday, June 18, 2012

My Search For Baby Bryant?



For a long time, I have wanted to trace my ancestry. I have been intrigued by old pictures with frowning faces. Have you ever wondered why folks didn't smile when they were having their pictures taken back then? It might have been because it took so long to take a picture, unlike now when things including photos are so instant. One picture of my Grandpa and Great Grandpa made them almost look sinister. Jokingly, I wondered what kind of skeletons could be in my closet.

As I began my search, I was rewarded pretty quickly with birth records, death records and I gleaned much from Census records dating back to the 1800s. I found old pictures that I was thrilled to find and could even trace back to find a line of women who carried and passed down the name "Catherine". I was able to find a Great Great Grandmother with the name and continuing down to my Mom, my daughter and two granddaughters the youngest being my Jenna Catherine who is three years old.

I was so happy to find what I found but there was one little lost boy that I am still searching for. He was my Mom's baby brother who was stillborn. Having a stillborn child was not uncommon back then but because of circumstances surrounding this dear child's birth, the whereabouts of his grave is a mystery. He probably doesn't even have a grave stone or marking. This baby might always be lost except to my Mom and my uncle Rex who in recent years have needed this closure to this painful memory. So I will go on with my search for baby Bryant, a lost little boy.

Jesus told three parables about things lost. The lost sheep, the lost coin and a lost son. In all three, Jesus was saying that he doesn't give up on the "lost"! That even though he has many who believe, he is not satisfied until all have come to him. Aren't you glad? I am! Otherwise, I would not have come to hear his voice. Whether a lost sheep, lost coins, lost little boys or lost souls he never stops searching. Praise God! Can you hearing Him calling?

Then Jesus told them this parable: "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn't he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. (Luke 15:3-7 NIV)


Sent from Jeanie!

No comments:

Post a Comment