Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Waiting for Kellan!



For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11



Waiting, waiting, waiting! It seems I have spent my whole life waiting for babies to be born! My waiting for several years, now, has been without swollen ankles, constant heartburn or stretch marks (well, maybe a few) but the waiting is just the same. We are waiting for Kellan Daniel our new grandson to be born any minute now. Instead of Larry and I waiting to bring another child into our home we are waiting to bring another child into our hearts. My daughter Mendy and my her husband, Dan are waiting to bring their first child into their home as well as their hearts!

With technology, we learned quite awhile ago that they were having a son. With technology, we know approximately how much he weighs. With technology we even know he has a lot of hair! Amazing!

But with God the bible tells us, little Kellan is already known by his heavenly Father.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place,when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. (Psalm 139:15 NIV)

With God, the bible tells us that He is the creator of everything, including our yet to be born Kellan Daniel. Should we not rejoice at His greatness?


With God, who measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked of the heavens, who held the dust of the earth in a basket or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance. He already knows his weight, his height and even DNA. He knows if he will be an animal lover like his mom or be a whiz at math like his Dad.


Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand,or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens?Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket,or weighed the mountains on the scalesand the hills in a balance? (Isaiah 40:12 NIV)



With God, the bible says he even knows how many hairs he has on his head! He knows his IQ, his athletic ability and bent toward the savior!

With God we know, Jesus said, that we all should be like him, we should believe as a little child! He tells us that even a sparrow cannot fall to the ground that he is not aware, then he reminds how much more important his children are to Him!

As for me I can't wait to hold this little guy in my arms and kiss his sweet face and marvel again at the miracle of life.


But our heavenly Father has already kissed his sweet face as he already knows him and even declares: I know the plans I have for you........Kellan Daniel!


Sent from Jeanie!

2 comments:

  1. Mendy, you have to print this to put in Kellen's baby book. He can read this over and over again and know how loved and wanted he is ... by his earthly family and his Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this today as I await the birth of our grandson! Could be any minute!!! Thanks for posting, Jeanie!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete