Saturday, November 26, 2011

THEMES!



Way back in July, I was thinking of Christmas! I even saw an ad in the paper that says "Christmas in July"! Marketers had already began and would continue on until after Christmas, taking advantage of our love of this beloved Holiday! I went to a garage sale one hot summer day in July and found a cute little sleigh to add to my "much too big" collection of Christmas decorations. The lady that sold me these things was much like me at Christmas time......... Crazy! We compared our decorating strategies and what "themes" we decorated in. I shared what themes adorned each room and she proudly explained that even her bathroom had a theme! Most of you might think that bathrooms already have a THEME but to us "crazy at Christmas time" people this is yet another opportunity to let our imaginations go wild!




I have a "cabin" type theme, I have a red and white theme and on our 12ft tree is a "whatever is kind of elegant" theme! I have 3 or 4 trees that are waiting but for now they are "whatever is left over" themes. My eyes sparkle like a child when I go to my favorite store (Hobby Lobby) and see all the ornaments with different themes and I am sure if I had a $1000 I could spend it easily in an hour! Luckily or maybe unluckily, my husband watches me very carefully at Christmas time! Let me just say I refuse to wear any sort of tracking device!






This makes me think about, what would happen if the whole month of December had a black out. No electricity for the millions of lights that are normally displayed, no reflection to twinkle off of the glittery bulbs, no way to make Christmas goodies, no way to shop for our favorite gift items not even lighting in our churches what then could be our THEME? To most of you that would be a "no duh" of course it would be the birth of Jesus but I (Mrs Crazy at Christmas) needed that reminder as I head into my favorite time of the year. I pray this Advent season reminds me not only of the Babe in the manger but of my precious Savior who died on the cross, ascended into heaven, and will return and take me to a place He has prepared! May my "THEME" be HIM!






Hmmmmm? What theme could I put in my bathroom?







Sent from Jeanie!

No comments:

Post a Comment