Sunday, May 2, 2010

Indigo Bunting



This morning I looked out to see these two birds eating from my feeder. The one on the right is a House Finch displaying his beautiful red feathers and on the left is perhaps one of my favorite birds, the Indigo Bunting with his beautiful indigo plumage. Every spring, if we are lucky, we see these brilliant blue birds. I always remember the year that my daughter, Nealy, was here when one these birds hit the window and lay motionless on the ground. She picked it up, thinking it was dead, and took it to show my husband how beautiful and frail it was when to their surprise and enjoyment it flew right out of her hand. This little creature was down but not out. This is how our God does us sometimes. We think we are spent with no hope of recovering. We are weak and afflicted, our hearts are broken but he covers us with his hand until we are strong again. Only in our weakness are we strong in God. May we relax and rest in his strong hands.You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted, you encourage them and you hear their cries. Psalm 10:17

2 comments:

  1. I wish I got those here! I think I am a follower now!! I love you & your blog, Mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are indeed a follower, thanks honey!

    ReplyDelete