Monday, May 24, 2010

Here Kitty, Kitty!

“Here kitty, kitty” I hollered, in that voice, you know the one if you have cats! It’s that high pitched voice that breaks windows, and makes small children hold their ears. I seen her running, ducking, weaving and in a panic because she was being attacked by several birds. She ran this way then that way but had a hard time focusing on which way to go. She must have come upon a baby bird that was the center of those angry mama bird’s attention.

This is a hard time of the year for our bird friends because of those babies falling out of their nests or being pushed out by their parents. Many times these babies are in mortal danger as they cling to tiny twigs or sit atop a fragile flower. Most of the time these babies are clueless of their fate which is probably good. I am sure they wish with all of their little birdie heart that they were back in the nest with their mama bird protecting them and feeding them. As a mother I know that these mama birds feel the same way. Baby birds sit quietly for the most part until danger comes near them and then they wail at the top of their little birdie voice which starts a flurry of activity in the trees because mother bird and all her friends are waiting to come to her aid.

As my kitty hears my voice, ever so shrill, she puts her focus on me and the porch which will offer her a safe haven. Her gait is now sure as she heads toward my voice. She bounds toward the porch and under the rocking chair with those birds now on to caring for that baby and other dangers that might come close.

I have been there where my kitty was and so have you, I’m sure. When problems come and attack like those birds did. I duck and weave and panic until I hear God’s voice speaking to me. His voice gives me direction his love gives me shelter from those things that puts panic in my heart. As this little bird, I usually don’t reach out to him until my fragile world is threatened. It’s at those times that I can hear my father above me, ready to come to my aid.

Thank you Lord that your voice is not shrill but is as gentle as a rain and comforts me like no other.

The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry; Psalm 34:15

The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from their troubles. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles but the LORD delivers him from them all. Psalm 34:17-19

No comments:

Post a Comment