Saturday, May 15, 2010

Again!


"Again, Papa, again"! Riley wanted Papa to do more snow angels with her! Again! Again! Again! Haven't we all heard that from our children? When we really love something we all want it to happen again. I read Psalm 126 today and that is what the Israelites said, "do it again". If you get a chance, read this little Psalm, only six verses, but it is powerful! The first three verses talk about how God had delivered them from captivity, and how they were so joyful. They sang, laughed and could not believe their good fortune. They said "God was wonderful to us; we are one happy people"! In verse 4 they say "And now, God , do it again--bring rains to our drought stricken lives". Have you been there? Have you ever been drought stricken? I have been there before also. In my study today there was a question that asked "describe a time when God did something that you could hardly believe and knew you didn't deserve it?" I thought "where to I start?" then I thought maybe the beginning would be good. Shortly after Larry and I were married we gave our hearts to the Lord. I remember for many years being in disbelief that this wonderful thing could happen to me. Even as a little girl, I had always had a hunger for God and now I had a partner to go through life with, that believed like I did. I watched Larry embrace God and strive for all of his life to give his family a Christian example. We were a "Christian family" how is it God was so good to me? Through these years I have probably taken that for granted somewhat but today it was all new to me. I remember how we laughed, sang and could not believe our blessings. I say to God today "and now God do it again" don't let me take things for granted, but remind me again and again of the blessings that I have recieved from a You! If you are in a drought stricken time in your life remember: Psalm 126:6 So those who went off with heavy hearts will come home laughing, with armloads of blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment