Tuesday, June 18, 2013

To Bring Many To Christ!


With tears in his eyes and a quiver in his voice someone very familiar to Larry and I, John Wasem, spoke of his love for us, last Sunday morning. This man in his late eighties made his way over to us just to say he appreciated us. As we hugged, we assured him that if it hadn't been for him we might not be in church at all. Little did he know, that it was we who were indebted to him.

After Larry and I were married, this man of God was one of three men who visited us in our little apartment, weekly. They talked to my young husband, who like me had grown up without church, about everything but mostly their love for Jesus and us came through. They loved us into the church. We would start by going on Sunday mornings, then within months we accepted Christ as our Savior. Our life was changed that day. We made Christ and the Church the center of our lives.

These men of God, I believe, made such a difference in our life and in our family's life. Would we have found Christ without these three men taking an interest in us? I don't know, but I do know that John Wasem, Dwight Millikan, and Steve Ward loved us into the Kingdom in those early months of our married lives. Although the list is endless of all those who have touched me through the years I know that our lives changed in those early days because of God sending His people to love us.

Over forty years have passed since that day we went forward to accept Christ as our Savior and never has there been a day we ever regretted our decision. Praise be to God!

Even though I am a free man with no master, I have become a slave to all people to bring many to Christ. 1 Corinthians 9:19
 
Lord, help me become a slave to all people to bring many to know Christ!

Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19




No comments:

Post a Comment